Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BIG RED!


Its big red time, and I don't mean pass me a piece of gum! This 25 lber was tailing in 3ft of water and ate a huge tarpon fly! NICE!! In the winter months the shallow bays and flats of the north gulf of Mexico near LA, and AL fill up with big schools of HUGE redfish! These fish look like copper submarines on the flats. When they open there mouth you can almost fit you head inside. Unreal! The numbers of these huge fish can be high at times but I was happy with getting this one, big, single redfish on my 3 day fishing trip! My buddy I was fishing with landed 3 of them. I hooked a couple others myself as well but didn't land them. You can fish for giant tailing black drum, huge sheepshead and these big reds all in the same area. This fishery is KILLER!